2/18/11

Cardboard Tube Bird Feeder

 Cardboard Tube Bird Feeder Supply List: toilet paper roll or paper towel tube, peanut butter, string or twine, bird seed, spatula
 Use the spatula to spread peanut butter on your cardboard tube.  Make sure to get it on nice and thick.
 Once it is covered, roll your tube in bird seed.
 Thread a piece of string through the tube and tie it in a knot.
Hang it outside and wait for your little bird friends to stop by for a bite to eat.

Book Suggestion: We checked out Backyard Bird Watching for Kids: How to Attract, Feed, and Provide Homes for Birds from the library and it had some great ideas for kids about how to attract birds into your backyard.  It has very simplistic language that is easy for a preschooler to understand.  Cole loved the bright pictures and all the interesting information about birds.

5 comments:

Barbie said...

Great idea! I will have to keep a an eye out for that book, especially with spring around the corner.

Sharon said...

Wow! You have some really cool ideas for using tp rolls. I will be checking back often. Thanks for commenting on my mtm post.

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun idea for kids. Would you mind if I featured this one as well on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle?

Thanks!

missionarymomma said...

Thank you for this blg. I am a busy Moma of eight and often low in creativity. This is a great motivation for me. Thnak you.

Kristi said...

I am going to use this in my Kindergarten class. THANK YOU for the great idea and the book suggestion, too!